If you want to help the No To Fracking campaign there are lots of things you can do:
- Become more informed about fracking.There is a lot of information available on the internet. As much as possible try to read scientific evidence and information provided by reliable sources. Some recommended reading includes:
- A European Parliament Report Economic and Scientific Policy Paper – Impacts of shale gas and shale oil extraction on the environment and on human health
- A Tyndall Centre (University of Manchester) Report – Shale gas: a provisional assessment of climate change and environmental impacts
- Sign the following petitions and share them with, or send them to, your friends.
Ban fracking in Northern Ireland, at http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/northern-ireland-no-fracking-required-here.html
Oppose drilling and exploration for hydrocarbons in North Antrim and North Derry/Londonderry, at http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/oppose-drilling-and-exploration-for-hydrocarbons-in-north-antrim-and-derrylondonderry.html
Ban hydraulic fracturing for natural gas in Ireland, at http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/ban-hydraulic-fracturing-for-natural-gas-in-ireland.html
- Write to your elected representatives – your local councillors, MLAs, MPs and MEPs – expressing your concerns about fracking and asking them to support a ban on the process of hydraulic fracturing in Northern Ireland. You can find out who your local representatives are at the different levels of government, and how to contact them, at http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/levels-of-government-in-northern-ireland.
- Find out what other people are doing around Ireland, the UK, and the rest of the world to prevent fracking. Some useful local sites include:
- Tell everybody about the problems with fracking and ask them to actively oppose it too!
- Join us and help to raise awareness along the North Coast. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org